The Concept Studio is a customer-centered innovation group with the mission of providing Pitney Bowes with rich customer and market insights to discover new business opportunities and guide decision-making.
Our multi-disciplinary team of designers, strategists and technologists collaborate with Pitney Bowes business units in fast-paced projects, to identify unmet needs and market opportunities and to shape those insights into tangible B2B product and service innovations.
We currently have an opening for a social scientist with expertise in the anthropology of work, ethnographic research, and data analysis and synthesis. If you are a highly motivated researcher who can apply qualitative data to business design and development, we would like to hear from you.
- Design and develop research plans and materials including participant criteria and screeners, discussion guides, behavioral analyses, usability protocols, visual diaries, etc.
- Conduct customer-centered research with the purpose of understanding the unmet needs of customers (articulated and un-articulated) and validating product and solution offerings
- Analyze and generate insights from both primary and secondary research
- Create representations of customers’ needs and everyday practice including user / buyer personas, use scenarios, workflows etc.
- Create low-fidelity prototypes e.g. mock ups, sketches, storyboards and design experiments for the purpose of testing new product concepts and validating customer need
- Articulate market and customer insights through written and visual means to feed conceptualization and development of products, communicating process and actionable findings to clients
- Engage with product managers, strategic marketers and cross-functional teams focused on building businesses
- Develop / adapt / research novel customer research techniques that add greater depth, breadth, and speed to the Pitney Bowes product development process
- Contribute to the consolidation and dissemination of market and customer insights (i.e. knowledge management) across the company
- Advanced degree in a social science, such as anthropology, or human centered design, is required
- Two or more (2+) years real-world experience in applying various research methodologies (e.g. ethnographic observation, customer interviews) in a business context, ideally as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to translate field data to real business problems is required. Experience in representing ethnographic data in visual forms a distinct plus
- Requires excellent analytic, communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a variety of customer environments
Location: Southwestern Connecticut (Greater New York area)
The Concept Studio is located in Southwestern Connecticut overlooking the Housatonic River Valley, 30 minutes from New Haven, CT and 90 minutes from New York City.
Please submit your application online at PB.com
Questions? Please contact email@example.com